This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: WWDP, Commercial Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2RR
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information, to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- website usage data
- other information pertaining to surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from WWDP, enabling us to deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- for our own internal records
- to improve the services we provide
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise the website for you.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- analyse our web traffic using an analytics package – aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- identify whether you are signed in to our website – a cookie allows us to check whether you are signed into the site
- test content on our website – for example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the remaining 50% a different piece of content.
- store information about your preferences – the website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
- to recognise when you return to our website – we may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
We would never sell on your details to any third party organisation.
We may need to use and disclose information, or data we hold about you, to respond to legal requests or prevent fraud. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with GDPR.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the WDP domain. If you provide information to a website to which we are linked, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.